Omega-3 fatty acids found in the Orto Mega Fish Oil supports the cardiovascular system. Ortho fish oil is distilled and is virtually burp free.
Why These Natural Ingredients?
EPA and DHA
After a study of Greenland Eskimos, it was discovered that, although they consumed a comparably high amount of fat in their diet, the population experienced a low incidence of coronary heart disease. Their diet, it was discovered, contained a significant proportion of marine fats, specifically long chain, highly unsaturated omega-3 fatty acids (EPA and DHA). A recent review has concluded that omega-3 fatty acids support the cardiovascular system in the following ways:
• Anti-inflammatory properties (partly by prostaglandin effect)
• Formation of and competition against various prostaglandins and leukotrienes
• Inhibition of atheroschlerosis
• Hypolipidemic effect on triglycerides and VLDLs
• Antithrombotic effect
Other Important Advantages:
1. Burp-Free. Many complain of burping after taking other fish oils. OrthOmega is burp-free for nearly everyone.
2. Our OrthOmega meets the strictest international trade criteria for trace heavy metal and pesticide concentrations.
3. Most potent USP certified fish oil available to the professional market.
4. Meets USP standards for purity and quality.